21 Savage, also known as, Shayaa Bin Abraham-Joseph is an English rapper. He was born on October 22, 1992 making him a Libra. He has 10 siblings, 6 sisters, and 4 brothers, which were all raised by his mother. Before becoming a famous rapper, he did have some issues with the law. 21 Savage admits that he was involved in a gang and once brought a gun to school which got him expelled. He also was shot six times in an attempted robbery that killed his best friend.
21 Savage turned his life around and started creating music. Here are some unique facts about 21 Savage that you might not have known.
- His net worth isn’t shabby.. He has only been in the rap industry for three years but within that time he has already grossed around $12 million.
- He’s collaborated with big artist.. 21 Savage has worked with some big names like Offset, Lil Yachty, Drake, and Ty Dolla Sign.
- His debut album reach #2 on the Billboard 200 Chart.. His first album was released in July of 2017 and shortly rose to the top.
- He won a few awards.. In the short time that he has been famous, 21 Savage has won a Billboard Music Award and an MTV Video Music Award.
- Post Malone helped get him noticed.. 21 Savage recently collaborated with Post Malone on Rockstar which has swept the charts and won numerous awards.
- He got in trouble with immigration.. In 2019 21 Savage was arrested for residing in the US illegal. Although he claims he is from Atlanta, the rapper is actually from the United Kingdom and never renewed his Visa.
- He owns all his masters.. He makes a lot of his money from album sales and collaborations with other artists but one benefit the artist has is having ownership of all his master recordings. 21 Savage had a huge following before signing a record deal with L.A. Reid’s Epic Records, which helped him gain even more money.
- He made money from a Bar Mitzvah.. The rapper performed at a Bar Mitzvah in 2017 which reported earned him $1 million.
- He started his own campaign.. In 2018, 21 Savage launched the 21 Savage Bank Account Campaign which he donated $21,000 to. The campaign is aimed to help kids learn how to save money and make money, plus open their own bank accounts.
- He loves helping kids.. Besides opening his own bank campaign, 21 Savage also holds an Issa Back to School Drive in Atlanta, Georgia. The drive gives free haircuts, hairstyles, supplies, and school uniforms to the youth of the community. He also donated $10,000 to Atlanta’s Continental Colony Elementary School to fund an anti-bullying campaign.