Daniel Hernandez, born on the 8th of May, 1996, in Bushwick, Brooklyn, is known professionally as ‘6IX9INE’ or ‘TEKASHI 69’, one of the many American rappers blooming into their own styles in this generation. What made him famous, however, is his very different way of rapping as opposed to lyrical ones. With a screaming technique only he can execute, his rise to fame was helped lifted up by sheer individuality and uniqueness.
As for his childhood, he was raised by a Mexican mother and a Puerto Rican father. However, when he turned 13, he was at the comforts of his brother.
His childhood days remains to be one of the hardest as he was expelled from school and decided not to return. In 2009, his father was murdered which eventually led him to sell drugs just to make ends meet and help his mother with finances.
Five years later, however, 6IX9INE began his career in rapping. The next few years after that proved to be very formational ones as he’s already released multiple tracks and, of course, with the help of his aggressive rapping style. A music label from Slovakia, FCK THEM, helped him in releasing a handful of his songs back then.
His rise in social media came alongside an Instagram post in July 2017 where his eccentric and, to put it simply, colorful appearance went viral.
In 2017, he released his debut single titled “Gummo,” a song that boosted itself up in the US Billboard 100 at a respectable number 12.
|Net Worth||$6 million|
|Source of Income||Professional Rapper|
|Birthday||May 8, 1996|
|Country of Origin:||Bushwick, Brooklyn, United States of America|
- Followed by Many: You might think that he’s a wasted talent on rap, but 15 million followers on Instagram proves otherwise. Respect the craft, man.
- Collaborated with the Biggest: In his career, he’s only collaborated with the best and the biggest. The names include Nicki Minaj and Kanye West––need I say more?
- Gangster, Like a Real One: He confessed to racketeering, possession of illegal firearms, and aiding in an attempted murder with the Trey Nine gangsters.
- Plead Guilty: In 2015, he pleaded guilty for criminal sex acts with a 13-year-old.
- Alongside a Fugitive: While he was on his way to social media fame, he struck a deal with Kifano “Shotti” Jordan, a fugitive at the time for narcotics trafficking.
- Big July: In July of 2018, he released “FEFE” with Nicki Minaj and Murda Beatz. It was also reported that after the shooting of the music video, he was kidnapped. Talk about an adrenaline rush.
- The Story of the Name: Like me, you probably thought it was about sex, however, according to CapitalXtra, Hernandez said: “I never lost sense of where I came from. That’s what makes me 69. The true meaning of 69 is just because you’re right doesn’t mean I’m wrong, you just haven’t seen like from my perspective.”
- He’s a Dad: Despite being one of the most outrageous rappers out there, he’s still a father both at heart and in spirit.
- Delivery Boy before Rapper: Before his days of face tattoos and fast cars, he first delivered groceries.
- Asthma Sufferer: You wouldn’t really notice it because he screams so much and talks a lot, but yes, his asthma condition is pretty serious considering he’s seen in pictures with inhalers.