Conor McGregor is a mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter and boxer. Born in Ireland, the fighter played soccer growing up and once wanted to be a professional soccer player. After he finished school, he started an apprenticeship in Lucan, Dublin and met Tom Egan, who is a well-known UFC fighter.
McGregor was born on July 14, 1988 and his horoscope is a Cancer. Besides his bad attitude and filthy mouth, here are some things about Conor McGregor you might not have known.
- His estimated net worth is… currently Conor McGregor is estimated to have a net worth of $110 million.
- He makes money even when he loses.. McGregor fought Khabib Nurmagomedov in a highly anticipated fight and lost, but the fighter still made $1 million more than Nurmagomedov did for the match.
- Mayweather Jr. was his first professional boxing match.. McGregor trained as a boxer when he was younger but never professional did a match. His first official match as against Floyd Mayweather Jr. Before the match even happened, McGregor was guaranteed $30 million, and even though he lost they say he ended up making around $100 million for the fight.
- He got his fame by fighting… McGregor became famous for fighting in the featherweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).
- Most of his money is made by fighting… Most of McGregor’s money is made from fighting. He made $5 million when he defeated Chad Mendes and $12 million defeating Jose Aldo. It is even reported that he made $25 million when he fought Nate Diaz.
- He also has endorsements… McGregor has endorsement deals with Burger King, Beats by Dre, and Anheuser-Busch. The deals reportedly added up to $14 million. He also has deals with Jockey, Game of War, and PlayStation, not to mention being the spokesman for Rolls Royce and Monster Energy.
- He is starting a whiskey business… McGregor has mentioned starting his own business called Proper 12 whiskey brand.
- He might be retiring… No one knows for sure, but McGregor did send some cryptic tweets out suggesting that he will be retiring from MMA fighting.