Drake was born on October 24, 1986, making him a Scorpio. Drake is a Canadian-born action, producer, and rapper. Before becoming a famous rapper, Drake was a child actor that appeared on the Canadian teen drama Degrassi: The Next Generation. He was on the show for seven seasons and made a guest appeared during the eighth season.
Drake got his start from the help of MySpace and Lil Wayne. Here are some interesting facts about Drake that you might not have known.
- He has a massive net worth.. Currently, Drake’s net worth is sitting at $150 million, and he is making around $40 million a year.
- Lil Wayne helped launch him.. In 2006 Drake released his first mixtape on MySpace and then in 2008 Lil Wayne received some of Drake’s music from Rap-A-Lot founder Jas Prince. Lil Wayne liked what he heard and invited Drake to come tour with him.
- He originally signed with Lil Wayne.. In 2009 Drake signed a recording contract with Lil Wayne’s Young Money Entertainment label.
- He has worked with a lot of big-name rappers.. His list includes Kanye West, Eminem, Jay-Z, and Young Jeezy.
- Drake has won many awards.. One hundred twenty-three major awards at that, including four Grammys.
- His concerts earn him a lot of money.. It is estimated that he makes $1 million per concert.
- He also earns money from his endorsement deals.. Right now, he has endorsement deals with Apple, Sprite, and Nike.
- He has his own private jet.. Not shocking but Drake owns his own private jet. The jet cost anywhere between $75-$100 million.
- He has an exclusive deal with Apple Music.. When Apple Music launched, they sought out Drake, and he signed a $19 million exclusivity deal. This means Apple can be the exclusive initial home of all of Drake’s future solo releases.
- He has his own label.. In 2010 Drake formed his own record label called OVO Sound, which is distributed Warner Bros. Records. The label reps music from PartyNextDoor, Majid Jordan, and Kash Doll.
- He loves basketball, like really loves it.. He is a global ambassador of the Toronto Raptors and hosts an annual Drake Night with the team.
- He also has his own whiskey.. The whiskey brand launched in 2016 and is called Virginia Black. The first week they launched they sold over 4000 bottles.