Jeff Bezos is most famously known for creating Amazon, one of the largest and most successful online marketplaces in the world. Jeff was married to MacKenzie Bezos, but they divorced in 2019 after 25 years of marriage where they had four children.
He was born on January 12, 1964, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Growing up, Jeff worked on a ranch with his grandfather and always displayed scientific interests and technological proficiency. He was so good at building; he once built an alarm to keep his siblings out of his room.
|Net Worth:||~ $165.6 Billion|
|Source of Income:||Founder/CEO @ Amazon.com|
|Birthday||January 12, 1964|
|Country of Origin:||Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA|
Here are a few cool facts about Jeff Bezos.
- His net worth is jaw-dropping.. Currently, Jeff’s net worth sits at $165.6 billion.
- Jeff graduated from a prestigious college.. In 1986 Jeff graduated from Princeton University and worked on Wall Street.
- 1994 was Jeff’s year.. In 1994 Jeff found Amazon.com which initially was an online used bookstore. The inventory and site grew in popularity rapidly.
- 2018 was a massive year for Amazon.. In 2018 alone, Amazon pulled $230 billion in revenues and recorded $10 billion in net profit.
- Jeff gets money from elsewhere too.. Jeff owns The Washington Post and Blue Origin, an aerospace company that develops rockets for commercial use.
- He only makes $81,840 a year from Amazon as a CEO.. Seems weird right, most of Jeff’s money is held in the 16% shares he has with Amazon. Those shares are worth billions.
- Jeff started his own charity.. It is called Bezos Day Fund which supports homeless families and educational programs in underserved communities. He has also donated $1 million to Mary’s Place in Seattle, and $33 million to TheDream.US.
- He has acquired a lot of business.. Besides owning Amazon and The Washington Post, Jeff owns Zappos, Audible, and Twitch.
- He also invests his money.. Recently Jeff invested $13.7 billion into Whole Foods.
- Jeff owns a lot of homes.. He has a home in Beverly Hills that is around 12,000 square feet and worth around $24,45 million, he also bought the neighboring house for $12.9 million. His next house is in Medina, Washington and offers 29,000 square feet which he paid $10 million for in 1998. The house is now rumored to be worth $53 million. He also owns homes in Texas, New York, and Washington DC.
Jeff Bezos is now one of the richest men in the world, and it doesn’t look like he is stopping any time soon. He has given over $100 million to charities and even agreed to give 4% of Amazon to his ex-wife. Today he is looking into creating a new network for non-profits to help build pre-schools in low-income communities.