LeBron James is a famous basketball player that was born on December 30, 1984. LeBron was born and raised in Akron, Ohio by a single mother. Eventually, LeBron moved in with his youth football coach, Frank Walker, which allowed him to have a stable life and it was how he was introduced to basketball.
LeBron was chosen as the overall pick of the NBA Draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers and his first season on the team was fantastic, he even set a new NBA record for most points scored by the prep-to-pro player in his first game.
Here are a few more interesting facts about LeBron James.
- According to Forbes, his net worth is insane.. Forbes places LeBron’s net worth at $450 million.
- He has a big endorsement.. LeBron signed a lifetime Nike deal that is making him a lot of money.
- He has other endorsements as well.. These endorsements include Beats Electronics, Liverpool F.C., and Blaze Pizza.
- He also owns his own production company.. The company is called SpringHill Entertainment, and it helps boost his net worth to a place that the NBA couldn’t.
- His new contract is huge.. LeBron recently signed a four-year deal worth $154 million with the Lakers.
- He co-founded a sports network.. LeBron likes to dabble in things outside of basketball and helped co-found a digital sports programming network called Uninterrupted.
- He is well known in the NBA world.. He’s won four MNPs, three NBA Championships, and is the sixth highest-paid player in the league.
- He loves helping children.. The basketball star opened a public school in Akron to help at-risk kids, and he is helping pay for those kids to go to college.
- He was in the Olympics.. LeBron has two Olympic Gold medals from 2008 and 2012.
- He has children.. Currently, LeBron has two sons named Lebron Jr. and Bryce.
- He has a weird shooting style.. LeBron is left-handed, but with that being said, the basketball star mainly shoots with his right hand.
- He is tall.. LeBron’s height is 6’8”!