Mena Massoud, born on September 17, 1991, in Cairo, Egypt, is a Canadian actor and singer who grew up in Egypt but eventually moved to Toronto with his Coptic Orthodox Christian parents and two older sisters.
Massoud is known for playing the titular role of Aladdin in 2019’s live-action adaptation of the hit Disney film.
|Net Worth||$2 million|
|Source of Income||Professional Actor|
|Birthday||September 17, 1991|
|Country of Origin:||Cairo, Egypt|
- Before Walking: In an interview, Massoud stated that her older sisters loved Princess Jasmine before he can even understand what the movie was for. Aladdin was present in the house even before he could walk.
- Veggie Me Up!: At age 23, Massoud transitioned to a plant-based lifestyle. With that…
- He has his own Vegan-themed Business: Massoud really made being vegan a part of his career as he founded Evolving Vegan, a platform that supports veganism and those who have already transitioned.
- A Doctor? An Actor? What Will it be?: Attending the University of Toronto, he took a pre-med course. Eventually, he transferred to Ryserson University to major in the art department.
- Massoud’s the Name, Gym’s the Game: Whilst already being healthy with a fulfilling diet, he goes to the gym as well! All throughout his social media, he enjoys flaunting his bod.
- A Diverse King: Being an Egyptian-Canadian actor, he spoke a lot about the need for diversity in the world.
- His Idols are True Legends: Growing up with the films of both Robin Williams and Will Smith, he’s grown fond of the two legends and have stated that they’re his inspirations.
- Fabulous yet Single: At this point, you just wonder why the fabulous man is single. However, during certain interviews, he’s said that he had a crush on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’s Rachel Brosnahan––who is, in fact, married. There’s also no escaping from the fact that he and Scott (Princess Jamine) were shipped a lot but, sadly, Scotty is also married.
- A Big 2019: Nothing out of the ordinary, Massoud had a big 2019. Alongside starring for the live-action adaptation of Aladdin, he also starred for Strange but True, Run This Town, Warning and Reprisal.
- A Familiar Face: He’s not new to the screens. In fact, he even played alongside John Krasinski in Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan. He’s also starred in Open Heart and Saving Hope. This is just the start of his career and we’re expecting a full arsenal of films and series in the coming years!