The first week of a new month is always exciting for movie lovers, as it is always the week that Netflix releases a load of movie titles, and October is no exception. Almost 40 movie titles will be dropping this week along including Bad Boys and Bad Boys 2, Oceans Twelve and Oceans Thirteen, Charlie’s Angels and Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle. We will also see Will Smith again, starring in the incredible The Pursuit of Happyness, and Brad Pitt in sandals and skirt in Troy. We also have Robert Rodriguez graphic novel-cum movie Sin City, the original Trainspotting movie with a young Ewan McGregor, and Johnny Depp going off the rails (before hr went off the rails) in Blow. See a full list of the movies coming out this week below.
In terms of Netflix original and other content, this week also won’t disappoint. This week’s highlights are:
Gotham (Season 5) – Monday 30 September
We can finally head back to Gotham and the lives of the young James Gordon and Bruce Wayne as they try and prevent the city from descending into the darkness that will later call Batman to its aid. This is the final season of the hit show staring Ben McKenzie. Expect lots of unexpected twists as writers try and tie up their loose ends.
Living Undocumented – Wednesday 2 October
This short documentary series tries to put a human face on the U.S. immigration crisis by following the struggles of several undocumented families as they just try and make better lives for themselves. Eli Holzman and Selena Gomez feature among the executive producers.
Ready to Mingle – Wednesday 2 October
This Mexican film stars Cassandra Ciangherotti as a woman who decides to go to a class for single women after her fiancé breaks up with her. Will she learn the secret to finding and keeping a man, or something much more valuable? Promises to be full of laughs.
In the Tall Grass – Friday 4 October
Based on the Stephen King novella, Patrick Wilson leads a group of people who find themselves called to a mysterious building on the far side of a field of long grass, but what will they find in the field, and will they ever find their way out? Perfect choice for kicking off the scary season.
Peaky Blinders (Season 5) – Friday 4 October
Season five of the popular gangster series will hit screens, and it seems that nothing is out of bounds this season as the writers take a page out of George R.R. Martin’s book – no character is safe.
Raising Dion (Season 1) – Friday 4 October
Probably the most anticipated shows to come to Netflix this month, based on the comic book series, Alisha Wainwright stars as a young single mother dealing with the loss of her husband (Michael B. Jordan) and the emerging powers of her son, played by Ja-Siah Young. She needs to figure out what is happening with her son, and protect him from government forces rounding up special people just like him.
- M.I (2019) – IMDB Score 4.2/10 – A 17-year-old girl who loses her mother bonds with an AI robot.
- Along Came a Spider (2001) – IMDB Score 6.4/10 – Morgan Freeman is on the hunt for a serial killer.
- Bad Boys (1995) – IMDB Score 6.9/10 – Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are an unlikely cop pair.
- Bad Boys 2 (2003) – IMDB Score 6.6/10 – Smith and Lawrence are back to put the world to rights
- Blow (2001) – IMDB Score 7.6/10 – Based on the true story of drug smugglers George Jung and Pablo Escobar.
- The Bucket List (2007) – IMDB Score 7.4/10 – Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman deal with getting older by tackling their bucket list.
- Charlie’s Angels (2000) – IMDN Score 5.5/10 – Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu are the female trio of sexy spies.
- Charlie’s Angels Full Throttle (2003) – IMDB Score 4.9/10 – The girls are back with less story line and more fight scenes.
- Exit Wounds (2001) – IMDB Score 5.6/10 – A washed up cop finds corruption in the small precinct where he is waiting for retirement.
- The Flinstones (1994) – IMDB Score 4.9/10 – The beloved cartoon is brought to life by John Goodman and Rick Moranis as Fred and Barney.
- The Flinstones in Viva Rock Vegas (2000) – IMDB Score 3.6/10 – A tragic sequel starring Mark Addy and Stephen Baldwin.
- Good Burger (1997) – IMDB Score 5.7/10 – Comedy set in the titular burger joint.
- Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008) – IMDB Score 6.6/10 – A new caper for the stoner pair.
- Honey 2 (2011) – IMDB Score 5.3/0 – Kat Graham struts her stuff as a young dancer trying to make it professionally.
- House of the Witch (2017) – IMDB Score 5.2/10 – A group of teenagers choose the wrong haunted house on Halloween.
- The Island (2005) – IMDB Score 6.8/10 – Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson are clones bred for their body parts, but what happens when they want more.
- Men in Black 2 (2002) – IMDB Score 7.3/10 – Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones as the original alien police.
- Moms at War (2018) – IMDB Score 6.2/10 – Smith and Jones are back, but one of them has lost their memory.
- No Reservations (2007) – IMDB Score 6.3/10 – Romance in the kitchen starring Catherine Zeta Jones.
- Ocean’s Thirteen (2007) – IMDB Score 6.9/10 – Heist sequel, with one more player on the team, this time in a skirt.
- Ocean’s Twelve (2004) – IMDB Score 6.5/10- George Clooney and Brad Pitt lead a band of expert criminals on a daring heist.
- One Direction: This is Us (2013) – IMDB Score 4.1/10 – Everything you didn’t know you wanted to know about the foursome, pre-break-up.
- The Pursuit of Happyness (2006) – IMDB Score 8/10 – True story of a man who struggled with homelessness to become a successful broker.
- The Rugrats Movie (1998) – IMDB Score 5.9/10 – The beloved kids of the cartoon in their first feature.
- Rugrats in Paris: The Movie (2000)- IMDB Score 6.1/10 – And then the families went to Paris.
- Scream 2 (1997) – IMDB Score 6.1/10 – Poor Neve Campbell is a serial killer magnet, and we are still asking how Courtney Cox and David Arquette made sense as a couple.
- Senna (2010) – IMDB Score 8.6/10 – Documentary about the life of the Brazilian motor-racing champion.
- Sin City (2005) – IMDB Score 8/10 – Robert Rodriguez brings is gritty graphic novel to life.
- Sinister Circle (2016) – IMDB Score 6.2/10 – A woman returns to the location of a tragedy to discover the dark forces at work.
- Supergirl (1984) – IMDB Score 4.4/10 – And they say Wonder Woman was the first DC character to lead her own movie.
- Surf’s Up (2007) – IMDB Score 6.7/10 – Mockumentary cartoon about some surf loving animals.
- The Time Traveller’s Wife (2009) – IMDB Score 7.1/10 – Eric Banner is an involuntary time traveller trying to find his way to his love, Rachel McAdams.
- Trainspotting (1996) – IMDB Score 8.1/10 – Ewan McGregor and Jonny Lee Miller lead a band of Scottish drug addicts as they try and get their lives back together.
- Troy (2004) – IMDB Score 7.2/10 – The Greek legend brought to the big screen.
- Walking Out (2017) – IMDB Score 5.8/10 – Matt Bomer stars in the wilderness adventure.