DeAndre Cortez Way, also known as, Soulja Boy, was born in Chicago and at the age of 6 moved to Atlanta. At the age of 14, he was determined to get his music career started and uploaded his songs and lyrics to SoundClick in 2005. Later the rapper continued to further his music career by posting his music to YouTube and MySpace. In 2007 and at the age of 16 he signed a deal with Interscope Records.
He was born on July 28, 1990, and his horoscope is a Leo. Here are some interesting facts about Soulja Boy that you may not have known.
- Soulja Boy’s net worth is… sitting at $30 million.
- His debut single “Crank That” broke records: The song rose to number 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, and at the time he was the youngest artist to write, perform, and produce a number 1 song in more than 20 years.
- He made 7 million in one year.. That year he was named Forbes’ Hip-Hop Cash Kings and most of his money was made from touring and ringtone downloads.
- He has an endorsement with World Poker Fund Holdings.. The endorsement was signed in 2016, and it is reported that the deal was worth $400 million for five years.
- He is also an actor and entrepreneur.. Soulja Boy has his fashion line, and he enjoys playing poker on the side.
- He has his gaming console.. In 2018 he released a video game console called the Soulja Game. The console drew criticism for being overpriced and copying both a Nintendo and Sega handheld games.
- He has his shoe collection.. Soulja Boy partnered with Yums in 2008 to collaborate on a shoe collection.
- He made money in odd ways.. It was rumored that back in the day he would charge fans $3.99 for a retweet and $1.99 for a follow. (LOL!)
- “Kiss Me Thru the Phone” turned into a nightmare for one couple.. In the famous song, Soulja Boy used a real phone number, but it wasn’t his. A couple received over 100 calls a day from fans trying to reach the rapper.
- He launched his own animation series.. The rapper was passionate about film and in 2010 released his own animation series. The series only lasted one episode.
Also check the net worth of following artists: